On January 6, 2017, the IRS published and implemented NEW and TEMPORARY regulations affecting 2017 1042-S reporting. In 2017 everyone is making payments to non-U.S. persons. Plan to attend both 1099 and 1042-S Year End Reporting Seminars in 2017. Register Today!
This 1042-S Year End On-Line Seminar is presented in (2) Sessions and includes MUST KNOW INFORMATION everyone needs before making a payment to a non-U.S. person or paying a non-U.S. person with your company credit card in 2017. Share BEST PRACTICES and review the most frequently asked questions by beginners and expert 1042-S reporters. Practice what you learn by reviewing sample payments and forms to determine what is and what is not reportable for 1042-S Reporting in 2017. We have allowed plenty of time for questions and reviewing “GRAY AREAS” of 1042-S reporting.
Understand and implement accurate 1042-S reporting in 2017.
Learn the NEW required documentation rules and required processes for reviewing W-8 Forms.
Identify reportable payees and payments, understand how to verify and apply treaty benefits to your reportable payments.
Learn how to accurately report payments on Form 1042-S and complete other required year end forms to insure you are in compliance for 2017.
Our On-line seminar provides the same agenda covered in our live seminar. Our 1042-S Year End Reporting 2017 workbook is available for you to download prior to attending our presentation.
- Understand the process of 1042-S reporting.
- Learn how to quickly and accurately determine if your payment is reportable on a 1042-S Form.
- Understand when you are required to withhold and determine amount of withholding for payments to non-U.S. persons.
- Identify 1042-S reportable payments.
- Learn how to determine if your payment is U.S. sourced.
- Understand the NEW requirement for accepting W-8BEN-E Forms when your payee is claiming treaty benefits.
- Identify the correct process for soliciting and verifying all your W-8 Forms following the NEW requirements.
- Understand the requirements for TIN numbers when applying treaties.
- Learn the NEW retention requirements for your W-8 Forms.
- Review sample payments and determine if they are reportable.
- Review the (4) treaty tables and learn how they apply to your payments.
- Understand the changes to the Presumption Standards and how they apply to 1099 & 1042-S reporting.
- Complete a sample 1042-S Form.
- Identify when your timely tax deposits are due for 1042-S withholding and how to make your deposits electronically.
- Review the NEW electronic filing procedures for sending 1042-S Forms to recipients.
- Understand the forms required for 1042-S Reporting.
- Complete a sample 1042 Form.
A link to download a recording of our 1042-S Year End Seminar will be provided AT NO CHARGE to all attendees who attended seminar and completed a seminar evaluation.
NEW 2017- You will receive a Welcome Email (5) days before the presentation with seminar details, a link to register yourself with our webinar service provider, and link to download and print your seminar workbook and seminar evaluation. If you do not receive an email please check your spam, then contact the office via email firstname.lastname@example.org or 877-650-1099. You must pay for your registration before you will receive materials or logon information.
Login information with instructions for joining the presentation are sent directly from our webinar service provider (Go To Webinar). In order to insure you have access to the presentation, please check your email at least 24 hours before seminar time. If you do not receive your information, please check your spam, then contact the office via email email@example.com or 877-650-1099.
October 23 & 24, 2017 (12:00 PM-3:30 PM CST)
November 28 & 29, 2017 (12:00 PM-3:30 PM CST)
Our online seminars are split into two webinar sessions, one on each day as listed.
Registration Fee: $429
| Level: Basic | CPE Credits*: 7 | Prerequisites: None |
For more information about our presentations and company policies Please read: About our Webinars and Online Seminars
Order a Recording of the Presentation
If you can’t attend the webinar order a recording!
The recording includes the presentation itself and a file with the materials on electronic media. It’s your to keep forever. You can listen at your convenience as often as you like and have access to the materials on your computer or print them!
Recording Fee: $429 Order Now!