On January 6, 2017, the IRS published and implemented NEW and TEMPORARY regulations affecting 2017 1042-S reporting. In 2017 everyone is making payments to non-U.S. persons. Plan to attend both 1099 and 1042-S Year End Reporting Seminars in 2017. Register Today!
This 1042-S Year End Seminar is a (1) day live seminar that includes MUST KNOW INFORMATION everyone needs before making a payment to a non-U.S. person or paying a non-U.S. person with your company credit card in 2017. Share BEST PRACTICES and review the most frequently asked questions by beginners and expert 1042-S reporters. Practice what you learn by reviewing sample payments and forms to determine what is and what is not reportable for 1042-S Reporting in 2017.
Understand and implement accurate 1042-S reporting in 2017.
Learn the NEW required documentation rules and required processes for reviewing W-8 Forms.
Identify reportable payees and payments, understand how to verify and apply treaty benefits to your reportable payments.
Learn how to accurately report payments on Form 1042-S and complete other required year end forms to insure you are in compliance for 2017.
- Understand the process of 1042-S reporting.
- Learn how to quickly and accurately determine if your payment is reportable on a 1042-S Form.
- Understand when you are required to withhold and determine amount of withholding for payments to non-U.S. persons.
- Identify 1042-S reportable payments.
- Learn how to determine if your payment is U.S. sourced.
- Understand the NEW requirement for accepting W-8BEN-E Forms when your payee is claiming treaty benefits.
- Identify the correct process for soliciting and verifying all your W-8 Forms following the NEW requirements.
- Understand the requirements for TIN numbers when applying treaties.
- Learn the NEW retention requirements for your W-8 Forms.
- Review sample payments and determine if they are reportable.
- Review the (4) treaty tables and learn how they apply to your payments.
- Understand the changes to the Presumption Standards and how they apply to 1099 & 1042-S reporting.
- Complete a sample 1042-S Form.
- Identify when your timely tax deposits are due for 1042-S withholding and how to make your deposits electronically.
- Review the NEW electronic filing procedures for sending 1042-S Forms to recipients.
- Understand the forms required for 1042-S Reporting.
- Complete a sample 1042 Form.
You will receive a welcome e-mail two weeks before the seminar date with hotel information. Hotel information is also posted on our website.
Registration begins at 8:00 AM. The seminar begins at 8:30 AM and ends promptly at 4:00 PM. We provide coffee service in the morning.
We will provide BOX LUNCHES for all live seminars at NO CHARGE TO YOU. You are not required to stay for lunch but we recommend that you do. It will provide a LUNCH & LEARN (1) hour break to interact with your trainer and other attendees and ask questions regarding seminar information. You will receive more details in your Welcome Email.
A link to download a recording of our 1042-S Year End Seminar will be provided AT NO CHARGE to all attendees who attended seminar and completed a seminar evaluation.
Due to changes in the hospitality industry we may be unable to finalize locations prior to 30 days preceding the seminar date. If you don’t see a hotel listed for a city location please check back, it will be listed as soon as possible.
Register for our 1042-S Year End Reporting Online 2017 Seminar. November 28 & 29, 2017 (12:00 PM-3:30 PM CST)
Registration Fee: $429