Our 1099 Year End Reporting Seminar-2017 is a (1) day live seminar that identifies and targets 1099 reporting requirements that affect transactions specific to your company and industry. Share BEST PRACTICES and review the most frequently asked questions by beginners and expert 1099 reporters. Practice what you learn by reviewing sample payments and payees to determine what is and what is not reportable for 1099 Reporting in 2017. We limit our live seminar class sizes to 25 to insure we have time for questions and specific GRAY AREA reporting issues. Remember for 1099 reporting issues, there is NO SUCH THING AS A STUPID QUESTION!
Learn how to set up a vendor/payee file that helps you identify reportable payees and payments.
Understand how to report your payment on the correct 1099 Form and Box for 2017.
Understand the step bu step process for NEW Registration requirements for TIN Matching.
Learn how to process B-Notices to avoid potential penalties.
Understand the NEW IRS Website.
- Understand the NEW documentation requirements already in effect for 2017.
- Eliminate the myths regarding W-9 Forms for 2017 compliance.
- Find out how to verify exempt payees and identify the documentation the auditor will require.
- Identify the Best Practices for reviewing W-9 Forms in 2017 for individuals, LLC’s, Corporations, Disregarded Entities and DBA’s.
- Is your payee file ready for an audit? Find out what the IRS will be looking for in 2017.
- Identify critical 1099 reporting concepts to insure accurate information reporting in 2017
- Find out when to report software licenses, subscriptions, donations, memberships, moving expenses, attorney payments and other gray area payments.
- Identify what is and what is not reportable for 2017.
- Use 3 Steps to quickly and accurately determine if your settlements are reportable in 2017.
- Understand the reporting implications of making payments on behalf of others.
- Review sample settlement payments to accurately determine how to report in 2017.
- Review the NEW 2017 1099-MISC Form-Box by Box.
- Determine the correct 1099 Form and box to report your payments in.
- TAKE HOME a NCS Seminar Workbook with charts and flow charts and easy to understand resources.
- Use a check list to identify NEW 2017 changes for all your 1099 Forms.
- Complete a sample 1099-MISC Form to insure accurate filing in 2017.
- Review the process required for backup withholding and making timely tax deposits in 2017.
- Learn when you must file a correction and understand the process required.
- Complete a Form 1096 Form for filing corrections.
- Stay current on the important changes in state reporting requirements with our 2017 State Reporting Chart and New Hire Reporting Update Chart.
- Review the filing dates for 2017 1099 Forms due in 2018.
- Identify changes for filing your 2017 1099 Forms due in 2018.
You will receive a welcome e-mail with hotel information two weeks before the seminar date. Hotels and locations are also on our website.
Registration begins at 8:00 AM. The seminar begins at 8:30 AM and ends promptly at 4:00 PM. We provide coffee service in the morning.
We will provide BOX LUNCHES for all live seminars at NO CHARGE TO YOU. You are not required to stay for lunch but we recommend that you do. It will provide a LUNCH & LEARN (1) hour break to interact with your trainer and other attendees and ask questions regarding seminar information. You will receive more details in your Welcome Email.
A link to download a recording of our 1099 Year End Seminar will be provided AT NO CHARGE to all attendees who attended seminar and completed a seminar evaluation.
Due to changes in the hospitality industry we may be unable to finalize locations prior to 30 days preceding the seminar date. If you don’t see a hotel listed for a city location please check back, it will be listed as soon as possible.
- Kansas City, MO- NEW DATE-November 21, 2017 Courtyard Kansas City Downtown/Convention Center
- Manhattan, NY-December 14, 2017 Hotel TBD
- Minneapolis, MN-NEW DATE October 25, 2017 Courtyard Minneapolis Eden Praire
- Orange County, CA- NEW DATE-December 15, 2017 Courtyard Santa Ana Orange County
- Portland, OR- NEW DATE-December 13, 2017 Hilton Garden Inn Portland Airport Attendee Reservation Link $167.00-Book by 10-24-17.
- San Jose, CA- NEW DATE-December 14, 2017 Four Points San Jose Airport Attendee Reservation-discounted room $205.00 on hotel website. Book by 10-04-17.
- Washington, DC- December 12, 2017 Holiday Inn Reagan National Airport/Crystal City
Not finding a city near you? Register for our 1099 Year-End Reporting 2017 Online.
Registration Fee: $429